I engage in a lot of hobbies and activities that keep me balanced (and a little busy!):
- I have played Balinese gamelan for more than a decade, keep a set of angklung instruments, and hope to work with a UNL gamelan ensemble in the future.
- I socially dance Argentine tango and have at times assisted with teaching lessons for the student UNL Tango Club.
- For fitness (and fun), I climb walls several days a week at the UNL Outdoor Adventure Center.
- My partner and I keep a happy menagerie of household pets (dogs, cats, fish, and birds!).
- I love gardening and working on landscaping and design projects around our house in Lincoln.
- I always go hiking and camping a few times per year.
- I make a mean macaroni and cheese casserole.
- I make things: I've been knitting and crocheting for nearly 20 years, and have tried my hand at jewelry design, papercrafts, a bit of sewing, and thread crochet. I have refinished hardwood floors, salvaged and installed wrought iron fences, created my own rain-gardens, and designed and built retaining walls.